CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tick Tock Tick Tock ...



"Im Late, Im Late
for a very important date,
No time to say hello, goodbye,
Im late, Im late, Im late"

(From: Alice In Wonderland / Music: Sammy Fain / Lyrics: Bob Hilliard)

I HATE being late. Just the thought of being late for something makes me cringe. I remember a time back in high school I showed up at my friend Brooke's place 15 minutes late. She said "You're late! You're never late!" I had to confess. "I got pulled over for speeding". She laughed. Regardless, had it been the day of the cell phone, I would have called Brooke to let her know I was running a few minutes behind.

So what does this have to to do with my wedding? Well, I need a day of schedule for both me, and the boy. Since we all know boy wonder will finalise his agenda the day before the wedding (if I'm lucky), here's my first stab. I found this on the Wedding Bee. Just needs a tad tweaking and it's perfect.

Source: The Knot

8:30 a.m.

Wakey wakey eggs and bakey!!! Eat a light breakfast with Tara and who ever else crashed with me

8:45 a.m.

Check the weather. Do I need a parka?

9:00 a.m.

Head over to Avenue and Dupont and pick out our bridesmaids bouquets.

10:15 a.m.

Now back at the hotel, flowers in bucket of water, and it's SHOWER TIME!!

11:00 a.m.

Check my emergency kit. Do I have everything? Check my dress. Does it need last minute steaming?

My girls arrive and wait for Luisa to show up.

11:30 a.m.

Tara and I make our way over to Cinelli's. Veil? check!

12:00 noon

Tara and I at Cinellis (where I will be getting my hair done)

Hair and makeup stylists arrive. At this time, those not getting done will work on their bouquet.

1:00 p.m.

More hair and more makeup. Mom arrives and gets in line to be beautified

1:45 p.m.

I arrive back with Tara and ohh and ahh on the hot state of my girls.

Second check! Do I have everything? If not, HELP!!

2:30 p.m.

Lunchtime -- eat some yummy goods we picked up for the day.

More hair and makeup for my girls.

3:15 p.m.

Chillax and get my face done all purdy.

4:00 p.m.

Greg arrives for pre ceremony shots of me and my girls getting hot.

Start dressing. EVERYTHING but the dress.

4:35 p.m.

Time to slip into my wedding gown. Put on my jewelry. NOTE: move engagement ring to my right hand, Savor how gorgeous I look and feel.

4:45 p.m.

Dad and Mom arrives in car (TBD) and we have some last minute pics with my parents.

5:00 p.m.

Everyone boogies off to the ceremony venue.

5:15 p.m.

Meet with Rick in the Bridal suite to sign anything (if required) prior to the ceremony.

5:30 p.m.

Hang out with my gals, my Dad (well, maybe he'll be outside getting just a tad nervous), Get psyched (AKA watch the clock and want to puke)

Meanwhile, the prelude begins by Dan Cockburn and our guests are being seated.

5:50 p.m.

Ushers/groomsmen begin seating our grandparents, Jer's parents, my sister in law with Jake and my mother.
Pastor Rick walks down the aisle and takes his place.

Jer and his Bestmen (1 and A) make their way to the their places. Jer's uber nervous by this point and start the never ending one word jokes with his brothers.


5:52 p.m.

Procession music starts.

My gals take their places

5:56 p.m.

My bridesmaid, Maid of Honour, Ring Bearer proceed down the aisle.

Dad and I assume our positions. By this time I imagine I'm starting to freak a little (in a good way) and just want to hang on to my father for dear life. This is it, I'm growing up!!


6:00 p.m.

(Before you ask, I don't care if tradition says you're fashionably late. I WILL NOT be late so don't bother trying to tell me otherwise.)

Dad and I head down the aisle. I lock eyes with my handsome Rockstar, standing just a few footsteps away. Savor the moment, and breathe. It's show time...

0 comments: